Wednesday, August 26, 2009

English Assignment - 'The Dark Hills Divide' Interview

Alexa: Today I’ll be interviewing Ganesh, shall we start?
Ganesh: Hurry up! What questions would a child like you have?
Alexa: Er.. What is your name exactly?
Ganesh: Sebastian, don’t you already know that?
Alexa: Well, the audience needs to know too.
Ganesh: (turns away) Whatever!
Alexa: Where are your parents?
Ganesh: My parents? They’re dead, years ago. Useless parents, they were killed of their stupidity. All they did was steal and sell tobacco.
Alexa: What happened to you after the death of your parents?
Ganesh: when they died, I was old enough to look after myself. I didn’t really care about them anyway.
Alexa: Oh, so I heard you’re a vagabond and a criminal too?
Ganesh: Yeah, so?
Alexa: Why did you choose to slack off so much, so much that you lost a home and a job??
Ganesh: Home? Job? They were nothing to me. All the bossing around; do this, do that and having to clean the house, make meals. It’s all too much work!
Alexa: How did you become a convict? Did you steal things for a living?
Ganesh: No, why would I steal like those idiot parents of mine?!
Alexa: Then what crime did you commit?
Ganesh: I just killed a son of a * that’s all!
Alexa: Why? Why have you killed that man? And who was he?
Ganesh: Who? Him? He was just a passerby who bashed up every vagabond he met. I just got irritated and got a knife and stabbed him to death.
Alexa: So, you killed someone you didn’t know because he was irritating?
Ganesh: Yeah.
Alexa: That's it?
Ganesh: YES!!!
Alexa: How were you caught then? Did one of the guards see you kill him or…?
Ganesh: One of his friends ran away freaked out like a little boy crying to his mum and reported it.
Alexa: So, then you were caught and sent to jail?
Ganesh: What else would happen?! God, don’t ask such obvious questions!!
Alexa: What was jail like? How long were you in there until you saw the outside again?
Ganesh: Why don’t you just go and experience it yourself? Isn’t that easier than asking me? And I was in there for days, weeks, months or even years, I don’t know! Only someone who’s gone crazy would start counting.
Alexa: Were you happy when you knew you would be outside the bars and into the outside world again?
Ganesh: Of course, I thought after all it’s over I could turn over a new leaf, start over again and climb to the top too and maybe even be rich someday.
Alexa: Did you like Warvold? Were you glad that he gave you this chance?
Ganesh: Yes, He was a good man. As long as we worked, we were given a place to sleep and food to eat. It was one of the best times in my life.
Alexa: With this being said, why and how could you have killed him?
Ganesh: BECAUSE, we were sent away then jailed again. I wanted revenge and power, to do that, I had to kill him. I needed more power, I needed the power to overtake the other cities and finally get my revenge on those who sent us back to jail.
Alexa: Is that why you joined the rebellion?
Ganesh: You mean that bunch of good for nothings? Of course, I only joined so that once we overtake Bridewell, I would take over and rule them all.
Alexa: What is it like to try and kill a child such as me? Didn’t you feel any sympathy or shame?
Ganesh: Not at all! It’s all for power and revenge, it’s only just a small sacrifice, what change does it make to the world?
Alexa: After all these years of planning and still to have failed, how do you feel?
Ganesh: (Going crazy)I want to kill you!!!, because of you, you, YOU!!! If you weren’t alive none of this would have happened!!!!!
Alexa: Well, a lady, that’s all I have time for, thank you. I have to go now before he catches me, bye!

1 comment:

  1. Camille,
    It is good to see that you have begun using this site. I enjoyed reading your Short Story.
    Mrs Stonier

    ReplyDelete